Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Lord is at Hand.


Philippians 4:5
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.


~~~ Reflections ~~~
Most often we are focus only on the things we like or that we are good at doing.
Those things that we aren't interested or we are wanting to accomplish. Our goals.
Really think about it, Nobody wants to fail. Paul even goes to teach us what we
should meditate on. Meditate on whatever is noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy.

Nobody wants to do the things that we don't desire.
Personally, I don't want enjoy confrontation. I try to avoid it. The flight response. 
There are times when the Lord encourages to fight. 
He wants us to be disciplined and grow in the areas we are spiritual weak.
The areas we don't necessarily find exciting or interesting, God can still use us. He can be our mediator. 

When the Lord is at hand, our gentleness can me known to all people, in every situation.
Sounds easy enough. Right?  Not always. Not perfect here.  Sometimes people rub us wrong. God still wants us to love everyone, and share the good news with even those who we may disagree with.  Pray for them, or with them. This takes preparation, routines. Prayer, Focus, and mediation. Phi

God wants us to have the understanding through the Holy Spirit.
The devil is crafty, evil and will try to attack us in the areas of our weakness and vulnerability.
So let's not just commit to be diligent to the Lord,
in the areas of our interest and strengths.
Also in those areas where we are not strong, where we are uncomfortable.
Those situations of an unpleasantness, painful feelings. when we feel embarrassed or nervous.
The Lord can use those for His Glory.


~~~ Prayer ~~~

Father, Be my strength me in the areas where I am most vulnerable to sin or feel uncomfortable. Open my eyes to help me see your will in areas of weakness and in the things I Love to do.  Use me in every area of my life.  Show your gentle kindness to others through me, by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Rekindle my heart to passionately seek after your holiness, and your will. 
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment