Sunday, December 17, 2017

When your in the most difficult times, God is closer to you than ever



Luke 1:26-56

Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel
was sent by God
to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph,
of the house of David.
The virgin’s name was Mary.
And having come in, the angel said to her,
“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you,
blessed are you among women!

When she saw him, she was troubled at his saying,
and considered what manner of greeting this was.
Then the angel said to her,



“Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son,
and shall call His name Jesus.
He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest
and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever,
and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

~~~Reflections~~~
You may not even be aware of the impact you are making
in someone else life. Or maybe you are?
I doubt Mary knew how she was going to impact peoples lives.
What matters is how you deal with going through those
uncomfortable circumstances or situations.

Your actions affect how others see you.
Do they see your faith.
Your circumstances may not always be what you expect.
Change happens. It even happened to Mary and Joseph

Could you imagine if Mary had said....
"no, Lord"
"Now what am I going to do Lord?"
"I am not going to have time for myself, or things I desire."
"Ahhh My routine is all messed up!"
"All of my friends will be gone"
"I don't like being uncomfortable"

We should try to follow Mary's example.
Trust in the Lord. Have faith.
Mary may had a bit of fear at first.
I mean come on, if you saw the angel Gabriel
don't you think it might shake you up a bit?

She placed her trust in the Lord
Then Mary said,
“Behold the maidservant of the Lord!
Let it be to me according to your word.”
And the angel departed from her.

When your in the most difficult times,
God is closer to you than ever.
God has a purpose for this season and every season.
Rejoice that God is Mighty!
That He has dominion over every aspect of your life.

~~~Prayer~~~
Lord I am thankful you have dominion over every aspect of my life.
Let your will be done according to your word.
I rejoice in the conception of your Holy Son, Jesus!
For finding Favor with Mary.
I ask that you would find favor with me, and reveal
your Holy Spirit to me when I am in uncomfortable situations.
Remove any strongholds of fear, anxiety or doubt.
We give you the Glory! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment